Welcome To My Blog!


Saturday, January 19, 2008

The life of a Hikikomori~

Well, some of you out there reading this might be wondering what a "hikikomori" is...well it's basically a a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive individuals who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal and social factors in their lives.

I took this from here

Nah, I'm only refering to the fact that I mostly stay home apart from going to Uni. You might be wondering what I do at home. Well I'm a hardcore J-dorama fan and not only that, I love watching anime and playing either PC or console games. But I'm mostly in front of my laptop idling. I hate to admit this but I cannot live without my laptop and my internet connection. XD

There are many reasons that lead up to my life being a semi-hikikomori. These are the few factors:

  1. I don't have my own car in KL. I drive my uncle's spare car. So you get the idea, to go out other than to Uni I have to ask for special permission which is not very right.
  2. For some reason, life in KL is so much different from KK. Everybody stays so far apart and yes, even by car its really far. I stay near KLCC and most of my Uni friends stay at the other end of the map (either in PJ, Bandar Utama, or even Subang).
  3. Everything in KL is so expensive (this includes petrol - I know its the same everywhere in Malaysia but in KL petrol seems to burn faster LOL).
I guess there are more reasons to support my cause but the ones listed above are the major factors.

Don't get me wrong... I do study too!

No comments: