It's my final semester in KL and it ends this April 2008. Provided everything goes well (both academically and financially), I'll be on my way to the UK in September 2008. Yes, I'll be doing my final year over there with the hope of securing an "international" degree. To make it sound nicer, I'll be getting my Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biotechnology.
Prior to my decision to conclude my final degree year in the UK, it never crossed my mind even once to go overseas. To me, getting a degree is all there is to it without giving a damn if it's local or international. I came to know about the IDP (International Degree Pathway) or in other words, twinning program from my University course mates who have already made up their mind to go to the UK. I'll be twinning to the University of Sunderland.
The thing that's troubling me now is whether I'll be homesick and be able to adapt to a sudden culture shock. As a newbie to stuff like this, I guess its pretty normal to be worried about my future. I have friends already over in the UK and they seem to be doing pretty well. After I graduate in June/July 2009, I'll be staying on in UK to work for maybe 2-3 years provided I can secure a job there. This means that I'll be staying in UK for a long period of time. Even when I'm in KL I'm already missing KK (especially my car) so God knows if I'll be able to "survive" in Sunderland.
There are a couple of things I'm looking forward to and the main thing is the BPL or formerly known as the EPL! Football has always been my niche and you can very well say that going over to the UK will be like a dream come true for me! Other than that I'm looking forward to having a "white" Christmas!
To all you CSP-ians reading this, unfortunately I'll be missing many hobbycons to come. /sob
Lastly I hope everything goes well for me :-)
p/s: Jace and Wan Ling please wait for me! Hehe~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll be waiting for you here... AHAHA... -jace-
Post a Comment