Welcome To My Blog!


Saturday, January 26, 2008

A very tiring but fun Saturday

As mentioned in my earlier post, I had my pharmacology lab session earlier today. We had to conduct an experiment to see the effects of various drugs on a guinea pig illeum and the frog heart. I will just roughly explain the procedure. The first step is to "stun" the frog. Instead of applying an anesthetic, we punctured the nerves located at the backbone of the frog using a screwdriver-like tool.

After that, a hook tied to a string is used to lift the heart up. The apparatus is connected to a machine that reads the heart beat of the frog. A solution is used to bathe the heart overtime to not allow the frog's heart to "die." Various drugs are used on the heart via a dropper and the effect of the drug on the heart is monitored in the monitor through a graph.



The same procedure is applied for the guinea pig illeum experiment. The only difference is that the illeums are already prepared for us. We have to put the illeum in a Krebs solution which is put in a water bath at 37 degree celcius. The solution is aired with oxygen and carbon dioxide. The various drugs are then used and the effects are observed via a graph which is read from a nearby machine.


After the lab session, we went to Sunway Lagoon for the Quiksilver Revolution Tour 2.0. As mentioned in my earlier post, its an event where skaters and surfers from around the world compete. Other than that, there are various performances from local bands such as One Buck Short. The event started at 12pm but we arrived at around 1.30pm because we had trouble looking for a parking space. Before we went for the event, we shopped around the new Sunway Pyramid 2. We then proceeded to enter Sunway Lagoon but at the entrance, I realised that we had only 3 tickets and the 4th one was missing. We kinda panicked but the guy at the entrance just let us in. lol. When we stepped inside, the place was overwhelmed with a huge crowd. It was the first time I've seen such a large crowd in Sunway Lagoon. Of course there were hot chicks in bikinis too...hehe




We went to check out the surf beach but it was too hot and we never thought of bringing any sunblock lotion. So we just stayed at the surf beach for a while to check out 2-3 surfers doing their "thing." One surfer did a cool move and I think it's called the "Superman." It was really awesome and the crowd showed good support for each participant.


Later on, we proceeded to the skateboarding ramps. We saw many professionals doing cool tricks such as the Ollie, Sliding & Grinding, and Kickflips. However, there were many failed attempts too. Many of the skaters had nasty falls but they were cheered on by the crowd and continued to skate. Throughout the whole event, the weather was freakin' hot but at around 5.30pm, it became cloudy and windy. It was the perfect weather for an event like this but we decided to leave as the place was getting overcrowded, We continued shopping in Pyramid and I bought a new "hoodie." It was on a 20% discount sale. Great deal I guess.





After that, we left for a mamak called Murni in SS2. I was damn thirsty so I ordered a watermelon juice and a can of 100plus. For dinner I had "Roti Hawaii" which is a special Indian bread found only in Murni. It is just like your normal roti canai but inside there is minced chicken, pineapples, sausages, and eggs. The bread is topped with mayonnaise and served with various curry/dhaal.



I got home around 10.30pm and I'm feeling damn tired now.


Laters.

1 comment:

mr-penman said...

I HATE U, RANZIEEEE!!!

bye~ bye~ to all the XMM!

T_T