Welcome To My Blog!


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where did all my highschool years go?

Yes, I've taken my highschool life for granted...so many things I felt that we could have done. I was just discussing this with a couple of my ex-highschool mates (Calvin, Jeremy, Marcel, Ling) the other day. Looks like everybody feels the same. Waking up everyday looking forward to going to highschool and meeting up with friends never felt better. Right now...you don't even feel like you wanna wake up to go uni. LoL.

I always knew looking back at the tears would make me laugh, but I never once thought that looking back on the laughs would make me cry

The last X'mas(2007), only a number of us (highschool mates) went back to Kay-Kay for the year end holidays. It doesn't feel quite the same like before. Will it be like this in the years to come? I understand that with time, we start to occupy ourselves with new stuff. Each of us are graduating 1 by 1 and starting to enter the workforce. Obviously, you'll be obliged to your newfound job and rarely get the "day-off" to spend time with family and friends unlike the times when we were younger. It is a good thing in a way that we're growing up to be useful people in the society.

My only fear is that over time we will slowly "disconnect." Jace sent me a Christmas card last X'mas and he mentioned about this issue. It never really occurred to me that we will eventually disconnect but after reading the letter and putting in some thought, the signs are showing. Our circle is slowly getting smaller. We have to keep the fire burning! Don't let the flame of friendship burn out--this is a shoutout (ahem) XD

To all of you my highschool mates, I'll forever treasure the undying friendship we have!

5 comments:

Lionel W said...

I totally agree...Everyone is like Missing..mostly busy..some not around.. It sometimes feel as is im being left out..But,its either they've change and i've been left out, or its either i've changed and i left them out..
I feel sad to think back about the past..Soo sad..
Anyway, live life free..
Be Happy no matter what happen..

mr-penman said...

Schooling time is the best!

How I wish I can stay in school with all my frens forever and never grow up.

like wat lionel said...

Cherish the moment!

Now you are in Uni... live to the fullest!

the moment you step into society and work... you know what I mean.

T_T

Anonymous said...

dats true. being disconnected from the group gradually happens over time. June 2007 hols were horrible, i was bac hoping to bum around wid good ol highskool mates, but turns out dey were too busy wid their working life. hmmm tragic
but neeewaays!... i'll b back to re-unite our 1986 batch end of year 2008 !!
i fink ma next trip bac, some time dis year. imma make some arrangements for a nite or two in some kinda resort for upcoming dec hols.
so whoever is around, feel free to participate in our lil gathering.
XD

J.Na said...

yea, agree as well. but time don't wait or stay but i really glad we had those times together that we could cherish.

i felt fortunate and bless that we still keep in touch, especially us MN-sters that we still have gathering. my other previous school mates is like kiankok and stjames totally not in touch anymore.

even some of my frens who r not frm MN r envious us MN-sters still keep in touch, although the circle of gathering is smaller.

keep it up and update each other. Normy, i would totally support ur resort idea.

Anonymous said...

MN-sters. new term ! like it !
haha yeh hope dat evryone will make it ! SO ... MAKE URSELF AVAILABLE ... :)