I arrived back in Kay-Kay last night and it's freakin' hot here. Anyway, it's great to be back home with my family and friends. I asked Ling the other day about any open houses and its sad to know that Bertez isn't coming back for CNY and there's no open house at his place. Damn, what about the ha kung lao hai?? XD
I'm minutes away from my CNY reunion dinner and here I am blogging. Below is a rough description of what the reunion dinner is. Its taken from http://wikipedia.org/
At Chinese New Year a reunion dinner is held on New Year's Eve where members of the family, near and far, get together for celebration. The New Year's Eve dinner is very large and traditionally includes chicken. Fish (魚, yú) is included, but not eaten up completely (and the remaining stored overnight), as the Chinese phrase 年年有魚/餘; (nián nián yǒu yú, or "every year there is fish/leftover") is a homophone for phrases which could mean "be blessed every year" or "have profit every year", since "yú" is also the pronunciation for "surplus". A type of black hair-like algae, pronounced "fat choy" in Cantonese, is also featured in many dishes since its name sounds similar to "prosperity".
I'll be going back to KL on the 11th of Feb. I was told last week that I'll be having a pharmacology test on the 12th. So I booked my ticket as soon as I got home hearing the news. HOWEVER, the next day...the lecturer canceled the test and postponed it to a further date. If only I knew, I wouldn't have booked my ticket so early...haih~
Anyway, I hope to do whatever I can do in these few days in Kay-Kay. A 6 day trip only...hmmm, time is really of the essence.
Alrites, it's time for my family reunion dinner, will blog more as soon as I have the chance.
p/s: could this be my last reunion dinner in kk until the next few years?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment